The UK is a beacon for higher education and consistently ranks as one of the best places to study in the world. However, as students now embark upon a university education, facing higher fees than ever, how can universities ensure they are continuing to provide the best student experience?
Kortext has undertaken new independent research to understand students’ perceptions of university experience, value for money and learning habits.
The findings from the report University of the Future, provide insights into how universities can provide good value for money by introducing new teaching and learning tools, more tailored to support the individual in achieving academic success.
- Students feel receiving core textbooks included in their course fees, more contact time with lecturers and better routes into employment would make university better value for money
- Students are happy for their lecturer to track their progress and many feel it would help them achieve better grades
- Many students believe learning analytics could improve retention
- More students now prefer to read textbooks on screen rather than hard copy print
- Students believe universities should be providing tech to support those with additional learning needs
Download Kortext’s new report to learn more about how universities can harness edtech to meet the needs of the next generation of students.